Ken-Bar's poly convection tubing is available in either 4 or 6 Mil weight. The polyethylene is clear and is protected with a strong ultraviolet inhibitor. The formulation of the plastic is designed for maximum light penetration and for durability in a greenhouse environment.
There are several advantages to using Ken-Bar tubing:
- Guarantee. Each tube is guaranteed to support the cubic feet/minute output of the fan. If there is a problem, the tubing will be replaced immediately. The 4-mil tubing is guaranteed for 1 year and the 6-mil for 3 years.
- Custom Punching. Ken-Bar provides proper diameter holes and spacing that conform to fan manufacturer's specifications. A properly designed tube will make full use of the fan's output by distributing air evenly down the length of the greenhouse. We can custom design a tube based on your greenhouse length and fan diameter. Punch position can be varied as shown below to provide the best possible air flow for each situation.
Ken-Bar, Inc. 4 Mil convection tubing is available in 10, 12, 18, 20, 24, 30, and 36-inch inflated diameters. The 6 Mil tubing is available in 12, 18, 24, and 30-inch diameters. We stock all sizes, and custom punched tubing can be shipped in 5-7 days.
We recommend that tubing be hung from a cable using tube hangers. These hangers do not penetrate the plastic. They consist of a loop of white plastic and a snap ring. The tube loop extends around the outside of the tube and is clipped to the cable using a snap ring. The hangers should be spaced 7 feet apart.
Suggested uses for convection tubing:
- For ventilation when cooling greenhouses.
- For uniform dispersion of heat from a forced hot-air furnace.
- For improved mixing of air in greenhouses.
- For the introduction of dry air into greenhouses.
- To provide gentle streams of ventilation air instead of harsh blasts of air.
- To heat selected areas of a greenhouse when the whole house does not need heat.